For my energy field guide, the topic “energetic currency” has chosen me. To get things going, I took a broad look at what energetic currency means in several different contexts. Energetic currency seems to fit into the overarching topics of ecology, biology, money, spirituality, self, and social/human relationships. I think each of these contexts could contain many systems within themselves because this topic is so amorphous and conceptual.
In the map above, I have the most broad topics in the darkest color and then lighting as the branch away from main topics. There’s a lot of interconnectedness in the connections between energy flows happening within nature, between humans, and then finally between humans + nature.
Energetic currency doesn’t seem to be a officially defined term, so I’m very curious about where the research rabbit hole will lead. I’m a little concerned about finding a reliable source for the more New Age-y spiritual energy information, but maybe that’s just part of the research.
Below is the original paper of my map.
Interesting Sources of Info
Biology / Ecology
- Is the Planet Full? Ch 8: The Metabolism of a Human-Dominated Planet - Ian Goldin
- Carbon Budgets
- ATP is the energetic currency of the cell
- Colony Energy Requirements Affect the Foraging Currency of Bumble - Ralph V. Cartar and Lawrence M. Dill
- Energetic and Time Costs of Foraging in Harvester Ants, Pogonomyrmex occidentalis - Jennifer H. Fewell
Spirituality / Self
- Finding Your Sacred Contract by Caroline Myss
- Want to find this somewhere - Building Your Energetic Currency: Learning How to Heal by Caroline Myss
- The Gypsy’s Tricks for Spiritual Cleansing and Protection: Energetic Investments
- Finding Inner Peace
- Take Charge of Your Internal Currency with Martine Negro
- Karma: Law of Re-Embodiment by Yang-Un Moon